Arrow

TV SHOWS


    Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Share
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:35 pm

    Ok this can be for questions or anything concerning this forum, ideas fixes requests etc.
    If you want a new forum created ask here I will do it.
    Once it is created then anyone can create the topic threads.
    It is cool that I can put a banner image for each topic.
    Se would like this as you can on the phbb change the javascript on the site itself.
    I think this is the envision site so not sure about it.

    "send" below is "post"
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:14 pm

    Ok found the clearest dark theme I could, I may change it later.

    To add a avatar use a url or upload correct size off computer.

    I have a admin panel that I click on, but it is under display tab and avatars then avatar mgmt.
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:25 pm

    I see you registered tscc, and we have a google bot here too!! LOL  Shocked
    avatar
    tscc1000

    Posts : 64
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by tscc1000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:51 pm

    T5000 wrote:I see you registered tscc, and we have a google bot here too!! LOL  Shocked
    You know, Google and all your American big IT brands are just bought NSA lackeys ... it's a damn shame that there are no real alternatives ...
    I'm still wondering, how you Americans plan to get those maniacs back under control, but maybe it's already too late or the American people is just happy with the "United Stasi of America"??
    Sorry T5000, but this topic really gets me ...
    Back to this wiki. I'm not sure, if I'm ready to leave our old wikis, as bad as the situation may be there at the moment. It's a shame, but I never saw a surface with the look and feel as nice as the wetpaint ones. BTW, your "T5000" is almost unreadable with this dark blue colour.
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:09 pm

    your "T5000" is almost unreadable with this dark blue colour........Yeah I have tried to change that but cannot do it, I think it is because I am the creator, cause yours is not the same color.

    you Americans plan to get those maniacs back under control........ there is no way to do that.

    I'm not sure, if I'm ready to leave our old wikis........... Well you inspired me to leave, and I want someplace I can post whenever I want when the shows start!! we can always go back, but really right now they are a joke.
    The speed here is nice

    tscc1000 wrote:
    T5000 wrote:I see you registered tscc, and we have a google bot here too!! LOL  Shocked
    You know, Google and all your American big IT brands are just bought NSA lackeys ... it's a damn shame that there are no real alternatives ...
    I'm still wondering, how you Americans plan to get those maniacs back under control, but maybe it's already too late or the American people is just happy with the "United Stasi of America"??
    Sorry T5000, but this topic really gets me ...
    Back to this wiki. I'm not sure, if I'm ready to leave our old wikis, as bad as the situation may be there at the moment. It's a shame, but I never saw a surface with the look and feel as nice as the wetpaint ones. BTW, your "T5000" is almost unreadable with this dark blue colour.
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

    Thing is I go to the wiki and lets say it loads, I read a post and type a reply and then get the 503 page!! WTF!! just over and over, and it is like minute to minute now 1 min it is working the next it is not.
    Then I tried to read the pms, but could not.
    So I liked them too when they worked, but it may be time to move on and just keep a eye on them and see if he gets them working, cause I think maybe he is doing this as a hobby.
    It would not be so bad if it worked and at times he took it offline for maintenance, but I think he has made it worse?
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:18 pm

    I barely got the link to this wiki posted and then it wigged out , but the post went Rolling Eyes  thru.
    avatar
    tscc1000

    Posts : 64
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by tscc1000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:30 pm

    T5000 wrote:... Well you inspired me to leave, ...
    Pardon? When and how? I'm pleading not guilty!
    But I have to admit, the situation is getting on my nerves too, so you have a point.
    Maybe, and I just say maybe, Travis actually manages to fix the Wetpaint wikis, I'd be back there.
    But at first sight, nevertheless I'd say "good find" here. Not too bad from what I've seen from the first looks here.
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:31 pm

    what is the deal on the police avatar?? affraid 
    Well you and SE were complaining and then every time I thought, I would have a few minutes to post , it was more like it was a tease,
    it looks like maybe you can but then you cant.it gets old after awhile or if your short on time.

    tscc1000 wrote:
    T5000 wrote:... Well you inspired me to leave, ...
    Pardon? When and how? I'm pleading not guilty!
    But I have to admit, the situation is getting on my nerves too, so you have a point.
    Maybe, and I just say maybe, Travis actually manages to fix the Wetpaint wikis, I'd be back there.
    But at first sight, nevertheless I'd say "good find" here. Not too bad from what I've seen from the first looks here.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by Guest on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:24 pm

    What's up?

    I tried to create a profile with my exact brand name but the email verification never showed up at my yahoo email. So then, I tried again, and it's stuck in limbo claiming that user exists. So, I had to create a slightly tweaked version of the name I wanted and used a different email in which case it worked that time. I guess I'll wait to see if the original times out waiting for verification so that I can activate that one instead.

    At any rate, it seems we're all escaping from the wiki-dys-fondry. Will that platform ever escape the stigma of lameness? It just seems to be passed from one moron to the next. With each issue the new owner tries to fix, he creates more bugs and performance problems.

    I'm not very interested in Arrow, but I guess I can comment in some of the general topics and OT stuff. Looks like they have every possible function in forums. Seems like the TOS/CoC is kind of restrictive. Do they allow cursing here?
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:49 pm

    _SurfingEagle_ wrote:What's up?

    I tried to create a profile with my exact brand name but the email verification never showed up at my yahoo email. So then, I tried again, and it's stuck in limbo claiming that user exists. So, I had to create a slightly tweaked version of the name I wanted and used a different email in which case it worked that time. I guess I'll wait to see if the original times out waiting for verification so that I can activate that one instead.

    At any rate, it seems we're all escaping from the wiki-dys-fondry. Will that platform ever escape the stigma of lameness? It just seems to be passed from one moron to the next. With each issue the new owner tries to fix, he creates more bugs and performance problems.

    I'm not very interested in Arrow, but I guess I can comment in some of the general topics and OT stuff. Looks like they have every possible function in forums. Seems like the TOS/CoC is kind of restrictive. Do they allow cursing here?
    LOL do you want to curse?? you can maybe come up with a simple script for this site to allow that?
    I dont think any of these forums allow it.
    This is actually the same place we used last time when wetpaint was down, I tried to login in but it would not let me, so I created a new one .(with a different look.)
    The arrow name can be changed, but it will also change the url I might change it to tv show talk, maybe ]
    we should all decide on a name?
    Then each show could have its own section.
    This site is fast which I like after wetpaint and wikiFoundry it is great.
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:05 pm

    I made SE and tscc ADMINS, and I can see your avatar better here SE, I like that they are bigger here.
    avatar
    tscc1000

    Posts : 64
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by tscc1000 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:30 pm

    _SurfingEagle_ wrote:What's up?

    I tried to create a profile with my exact brand name but the email verification never showed up at my yahoo email. So then, I tried again, and it's stuck in limbo claiming that user exists. So, I had to create a slightly tweaked version of the name I wanted and used a different email in which case it worked that time. I guess I'll wait to see if the original times out waiting for verification so that I can activate that one instead.

    At any rate, it seems we're all escaping from the wiki-dys-fondry. Will that platform ever escape the stigma of lameness? It just seems to be passed from one moron to the next. With each issue the new owner tries to fix, he creates more bugs and performance problems.

    I'm not very interested in Arrow, but I guess I can comment in some of the general topics and OT stuff. Looks like they have every possible function in forums. Seems like the TOS/CoC is kind of restrictive. Do they allow cursing here?
    Hi, Eagle!
    At wikifoundry it's getting weirder. Mr. Juke obviously is able to embedd videos again http://tsccwiki.wikifoundry.com/thread/3668310/The+Weekend+Club%21?offset=380, but they work and only can be seen with Chrome, not with Firefox ... wtf?????
    And even with Chrome it only works with the new, lately posted/embedded videos by Mr. Juke. I tried to embed videos with your sricpt using the attachment link of the Mr. Juke post, but that didn't work ... I have to admit though that I cannot be called a pro with such matters ... ;-)

    BTW, I almost thought the slowness is following us around, because some minutes ago, I wasn't able to access this thread for quite some minutes ... but now it seems to be fine again ...
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm

    tscc1000 wrote:
    _SurfingEagle_ wrote:What's up?

    I tried to create a profile with my exact brand name but the email verification never showed up at my yahoo email. So then, I tried again, and it's stuck in limbo claiming that user exists. So, I had to create a slightly tweaked version of the name I wanted and used a different email in which case it worked that time. I guess I'll wait to see if the original times out waiting for verification so that I can activate that one instead.

    At any rate, it seems we're all escaping from the wiki-dys-fondry. Will that platform ever escape the stigma of lameness? It just seems to be passed from one moron to the next. With each issue the new owner tries to fix, he creates more bugs and performance problems.

    I'm not very interested in Arrow, but I guess I can comment in some of the general topics and OT stuff. Looks like they have every possible function in forums. Seems like the TOS/CoC is kind of restrictive. Do they allow cursing here?
    Hi, Eagle!
    At wikifoundry it's getting weirder. Mr. Juke obviously is able to embedd videos again http://tsccwiki.wikifoundry.com/thread/3668310/The+Weekend+Club%21?offset=380, but they work and only can be seen with Chrome, not with Firefox ... wtf?????
    And even with Chrome it only works with the new, lately posted/embedded videos by Mr. Juke. I tried to embed videos with your sricpt using the attachment link of the Mr. Juke post, but that didn't work ... I have to admit though that I cannot be called a pro with such matters ... ;-)

    BTW, I almost thought the slowness is following us around, because some minutes ago, I wasn't able to access this thread for quite some minutes ... but now it seems to be fine again ...
    embed some vids here and see how they work.
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:40 pm

    "With each issue the new owner tries to fix, he creates more bugs and performance problems."

    This is what I am thinking and why I tried to suggest to him that he create a new wikifoundry,
    Where everyone would have to rebuild their sites, but then he could work on the other one, and maybe some day get it working right.
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:50 pm

    I may have to start another forum and delete this one somehow I have the 2 forum topics, and the top one does not show up in the admin section so it is useless for what I want to do.
    you cannot start a thread there and add the image like in the 2nd lower forum.
    I cannot delete or do anything to the top forum as it does not show up in the admin section.
    I know hter was just one in the beginning.
    avatar
    T5000
    Admin

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by T5000 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:53 pm

    No matter which new topic button I use, the new topic goes in the to forum , which isnt in the admin panel so you cant add a image to the topic.
    I made topics using both buttons and they appear in the top.
    I can move them to the bottom, but only if you put them in one of the existing topics.
    The bottom forum cannot be moderated?
    avatar
    SurfingEagle

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by SurfingEagle on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:53 pm

    T5000 wrote:
    _SurfingEagle_ wrote:What's up?

    I tried to create a profile with my exact brand name but the email verification never showed up at my yahoo email. So then, I tried again, and it's stuck in limbo claiming that user exists. So, I had to create a slightly tweaked version of the name I wanted and used a different email in which case it worked that time. I guess I'll wait to see if the original times out waiting for verification so that I can activate that one instead.

    At any rate, it seems we're all escaping from the wiki-dys-fondry. Will that platform ever escape the stigma of lameness? It just seems to be passed from one moron to the next. With each issue the new owner tries to fix, he creates more bugs and performance problems.

    I'm not very interested in Arrow, but I guess I can comment in some of the general topics and OT stuff. Looks like they have every possible function in forums. Seems like the TOS/CoC is kind of restrictive. Do they allow cursing here?
    LOL do you want to curse?? you can maybe come up with a simple script for this site to allow that?
    I dont think any of these forums allow it.
    This is actually the same place we used last time when wetpaint was down, I tried to login in but it would not let me, so I created a new one .(with a different look.)
    The arrow name can be changed, but it will also change the url I might change it to tv show talk, maybe ]
    we should all decide on a name?
    Then each show could have its own section.
    This site is fast which I like after wetpaint and wikiFoundry it is great.
    Yeah, I like to curse on occasion and make unpleasant posts Wink But this TOS reads like. Don't post anything that could ever hurt anyone's feelings. I don't know how they enforce here.
    avatar
    SurfingEagle

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by SurfingEagle on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:00 pm

    T5000 wrote:I made SE and tscc ADMINS,  and I can see your avatar better here SE, I like that they are bigger here.
    lol, the email verification for this account showed up 2 days later after I created and setup _SurfingEagle_

    Make this one the admin SurfingEagle . Let me see if I can delete the other one _SurfingEagle_
    avatar
    SurfingEagle

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by SurfingEagle on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:17 pm

    tscc1000 wrote:
    _SurfingEagle_ wrote:What's up?

    I tried to create a profile with my exact brand name but the email verification never showed up at my yahoo email. So then, I tried again, and it's stuck in limbo claiming that user exists. So, I had to create a slightly tweaked version of the name I wanted and used a different email in which case it worked that time. I guess I'll wait to see if the original times out waiting for verification so that I can activate that one instead.

    At any rate, it seems we're all escaping from the wiki-dys-fondry. Will that platform ever escape the stigma of lameness? It just seems to be passed from one moron to the next. With each issue the new owner tries to fix, he creates more bugs and performance problems.

    I'm not very interested in Arrow, but I guess I can comment in some of the general topics and OT stuff. Looks like they have every possible function in forums. Seems like the TOS/CoC is kind of restrictive. Do they allow cursing here?
    Hi, Eagle!
    At wikifoundry it's getting weirder. Mr. Juke obviously is able to embedd videos again ***, but they work and only can be seen with Chrome, not with Firefox ... wtf?????
    And even with Chrome it only works with the new, lately posted/embedded videos by Mr. Juke. I tried to embed videos with your sricpt using the attachment link of the Mr. Juke post, but that didn't work ... I have to admit though that I cannot be called a pro with such matters ... ;-)

    BTW, I almost thought the slowness is following us around, because some minutes ago, I wasn't able to access this thread for quite some minutes ... but now it seems to be fine again ...
    Yeah, it looks like they changed Mr. Juke. It took me like 30 minutes to finally get to the end of that thread and read it. I've not been able to even read those threads anymore on the blue wiki because it times out or generates error messages.

    They may have needed to change it for the reason of all the technical problems. But I can't make the script keep up with so much fluctuation and technical problems, or rather I don't want to spend the time trying to follow after all these whims and experimentation of the owner. It's too difficult to test and code around a system that's so dysfunctional all the time. I'll probably change the Youtube tool to just make an image and a link until the future of the platform is more certain, or if the platform doesn't improve, then it may need to stay that way indefinitely.
    avatar
    SurfingEagle

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by SurfingEagle on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm

    T5000 wrote:"With each issue the new owner tries to fix, he creates more bugs and performance problems."

    This is what I am thinking and why I tried to suggest to him that he create a new wikifoundry,
    Where everyone would have to rebuild their sites, but then he could work on the other one, and maybe some day get it working right.
    I don't think the guy is in a position to create a new wiki platform from scratch which is probably why he chose to acquire an existing one. Problem is, he bit off way more than he could chew. However, the real problem, at this point which IMO is worse, is that he appears to be a personality type who is resigned and ineffective regarding coming up with real solutions. I think he may just let it sink to the bottom and settled there for a very long time, and perhaps never improve it.
    avatar
    SurfingEagle

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by SurfingEagle on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:42 pm

    T5000 wrote:I may have to start another forum and delete this one  somehow I have the 2 forum topics, and the top one does not show up in the admin section so it is useless for what I want to do.
    you cannot start a thread there and add the image like in the 2nd lower forum.
    I cannot delete  or do anything to the top forum as it does not show up in the admin section.
    I know hter was just one in the beginning.
    Please do not delete forums and start over.
    avatar
    SurfingEagle

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by SurfingEagle on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:44 pm

    SurfingEagle wrote:
    T5000 wrote:I made SE and tscc ADMINS,  and I can see your avatar better here SE, I like that they are bigger here.
    lol, the email verification for this account showed up 2 days later after I created and setup _SurfingEagle_

    Make this one the admin SurfingEagle . Let me see if I can delete the other one _SurfingEagle_
    OK never mind, I made myself an Admin with the Admin account Wink
    avatar
    tscc1000

    Posts : 64
    Join date : 2013-09-14

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by tscc1000 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:57 pm

    SurfingEagle wrote:Yeah, it looks like they changed Mr. Juke. It took me like 30 minutes to finally get to the end of that thread and read it. I've not been able to even read those threads anymore on the blue wiki because it times out or generates error messages.

    They may have needed to change it for the reason of all the technical problems. But I can't make the script keep up with so much fluctuation and technical problems, or rather I don't want to spend the time trying to follow after all these whims and experimentation of the owner. It's too difficult to test and code around a system that's so dysfunctional all the time. I'll probably change the Youtube tool to just make an image and a link until the future of the platform is more certain, or if the platform doesn't improve, then it may need to stay that way indefinitely.
    I didn't mean to "push" you to update your script, especially in the current fluctual and instable state of Wikifoundry. I always appreciated your efforts and time to provide the script for us, but anything further I just consider as a nice bonus, whenever you have some time and fun to work on it.
    I was just wondering that embedded videos were shown in Chrome and not in Firefox. For me as a non-pro with HTML this was a little surprise, though I know that different browsers not always process html code exactly the same way.
    avatar
    SurfingEagle

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2013-09-16

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by SurfingEagle on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:43 pm

    tscc1000 wrote:
    SurfingEagle wrote:Yeah, it looks like they changed Mr. Juke. It took me like 30 minutes to finally get to the end of that thread and read it. I've not been able to even read those threads anymore on the blue wiki because it times out or generates error messages.

    They may have needed to change it for the reason of all the technical problems. But I can't make the script keep up with so much fluctuation and technical problems, or rather I don't want to spend the time trying to follow after all these whims and experimentation of the owner. It's too difficult to test and code around a system that's so dysfunctional all the time. I'll probably change the Youtube tool to just make an image and a link until the future of the platform is more certain, or if the platform doesn't improve, then it may need to stay that way indefinitely.
    I didn't mean to "push" you to update your script, especially in the current fluctual and instable state of Wikifoundry. I always appreciated your efforts and time to provide the script for us, but anything further I just consider as a nice bonus, whenever you have some time and fun to work on it.
    I was just wondering that embedded videos were shown in Chrome and not in Firefox. For me as a non-pro with HTML this was a little surprise, though I know that different browsers not always process html code exactly the same way.
    I don't feel pressured to update the script as you might think. It won't do anything to restore previously created embeds. It would be nothing more than cleaning up a small loose end so that the script is not trying to do something invalid. Looking at the Mr Juke code, they removed the previous object and exchanged it for a different style. I can't tell you exactly why it works in Chrome except to say that Chrome has always been a little more versatile in displaying and playing back video embeds. Chrome seems to accept and recognize different versions of embed tags in a broader range. It doesn't serve a purpose to tie-into Mr. Juke at this time because it's kind of screwed up as well.

    I'm not sure if this is something recent that FF has changed or just something the team of Mr. Juke has decided or if it was something forced by the changing system of Wikifoundry. Too many variables to track anything down at the moment.

    None of this matters, because I simply can't post anything good or bad on Wikifoundry 80-90% of the time. It's that bad. Completely broken. It can take me an hour of trial and error just to post one simple message, and I have to copy my messages to a buffer in case it fails which it does constantly. It might even take several attempts in one day's time. It's not worth the hassle. The owner has done zero to fix it in over a month. I don't expect it to be fixed tomorrow or even next week.

    In addition, very few people have upgraded to the new script reflecting Wikifoundry changes. It's like less than 10 total new DLs. That pales in comparison to once upon a time when 500 DLs would occur on an update of the script. I'm guessing people have simply left that platform in droves.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:39 am