Arrow

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Arrow

TV SHOWS

3 posters

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

Post by SurfingEagle Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 am

I'd agree. Generally, it would be a bad idea to link images from wikifoundry. I mean that dude has so effed up that platform it's not even funny. Every time he claims to have fixed something, it's not fixed, but instead he creates a new glitch. The latest is you can't even login and that's broken. But also, other objects are broken, all videos even the normal ones in the library are broken, and the site now throws errors from every tier of the server regardless of where you try to browse a site. Jeeeez

Not needed anyways, this site has a storage server for images.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

Post by T5000 Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 am

SurfingEagle wrote:I'd agree. Generally, it would be a bad idea to link images from wikifoundry. I mean that dude has so effed up that platform it's not even funny. Every time he claims to have fixed something, it's not fixed, but instead he creates a new glitch. The latest is you can't even login and that's broken. But also, other objects are broken, all videos even the normal ones in the library are broken, and the site now throws errors from every tier of the server regardless of where you try to browse a site. Jeeeez

.........I cant find it, how do you access it?

I think tscc is still posting at the wiki's and putting the images there so uses those links.
    some of the stuff he posts here I can see, but some is just html. Not sure why, I use post.image.org , and I can see all my pics here
    and on new site, and tscc's video embeds but not some of the links and images.

the reason I did another site was partly the arrow name here, but mainly cause there are 2 forum topics as "category's"
    a category Is the top dog, it has a "bar" green here red on new site.
    Then you can put forums in that and have them display the images.
    But since I created 2 category's with the same name. the top one is the only one to show up in the moderator panel, at least for me.
    The bottom one is the only one to show up in the admin panel,... for me.
    What that means at least for me is I cannot do here what I can do on the new site which is move or delete easily any of the forums or category's in the admin panel or the mod panel.
    When creating a category it will ask if you want to create a forum for it, always choose yes and create one forum, you can delete it or rename it later. If you dont the category will be invisible , and create problems.
    When I created the 2nd forum topic I did not create the forum, and then named it same as the other and since then it has been messed up.
    Now Tscc moved the BB and Dexter forums out of the top forum to the bottom forum, but I had tried and could not do it.
    I will check again now that I have learned more, but even still I think the new site is better and I did go all out on the meta tags and key words, so curious to see if it attracts and newbies.
    this site will still be here I wont delete it, but I would appreciate you guys giving the other one a chance.
    You can put up new pics for WD and GOT forums if you want.

T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:31 am

Ok I just went into the admin panel for here, and there is only one forum topics showing, and that
    is not correct, as there are 2! so could you guys verify that or is it just me?
    you should see both forum topics in the admin panel/general/categories and forums.
    So before we got too much invested in this one which has a serious flaw, I thought I would make another one and try to get it right.
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:46 pm

T5000 wrote:
    SurfingEagle wrote:I'd agree. Generally, it would be a bad idea to link images from wikifoundry. I mean that dude has so effed up that platform it's not even funny. Every time he claims to have fixed something, it's not fixed, but instead he creates a new glitch. The latest is you can't even login and that's broken. But also, other objects are broken, all videos even the normal ones in the library are broken, and the site now throws errors from every tier of the server regardless of where you try to browse a site. Jeeeez

.........I cant find it, how do you access it?

I think tscc is still posting at the wiki's and putting the images there so uses those links.
    some of the stuff he posts here I can see, but some is just html. Not sure why, I use post.image.org , and I can see all my pics here
    and on new site, and tscc's video embeds but not some of the links and images.

One can use the image from wikifoundry assuming it works long enough to upload here. It's not a great idea to embed a direct link.

To upload an image you use the "host image" button on the tool bar. It uploads to serving.com and creates a URL for you. You then copy the URL code into the post. But as far as I know there's no section on the site to collect photos. It's not a wiki just a discussion forum of categories and threads.

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Red-as11
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Wikifo11

Ok I hosted this lol
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

T5000 wrote:Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Wikifo11

Ok I hosted this lol
    LOL who made that ?
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:49 pm

I registered over at your TV Talk, and a few things I noticed.

Hawaii Five-0 is spelled incorrectly. You have HAWAII 5-0 in all caps, and it's never spelled that way anywhere, officially. It's always Hawaii Five-0 with "five" spelled out and usually title cap when typed as text.

You started a thread talking about an old show AO was in. Then, saying he looked better then. That's kind of a weird insult and mismatched with the thread title in that it doesn't refer to any cast info pertaining to H50.

Also, the add-on in Misc that you're talking about is technically not a script (usually referring to user defined javascript) but rather a separate add-on that includes style definitions. It's a little misleading as one sees the title expecting info related to GreaseMonkey or Scriptish. I'd say it would be less confusing under something like "browser add-ons or styles".
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:02 am

Ah, there can be a 20MB picture gallery on the site. It needs to be made visible from the admin panel.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 am

SurfingEagle wrote:
    T5000 wrote:Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Wikifo11

Ok I hosted this lol
    LOL who made that ?
    I did , I was going to post at nikita wiki, but got the 503 page, so I made a SC and added the text.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:44 am

SurfingEagle wrote:I registered over at your TV Talk, and a few things I noticed.

Hawaii Five-0 is spelled incorrectly. You have HAWAII 5-0 in all caps, and it's never spelled that way anywhere, officially. It's always Hawaii Five-0 with "five" spelled out and usually title cap when typed as text.

You started a thread talking about an old show AO was in. Then, saying he looked better then. That's kind of a weird insult and mismatched with the thread title in that it doesn't refer to any cast info pertaining to H50.

Also, the add-on in Misc that you're talking about is technically not a script (usually referring to user defined javascript) but rather a separate add-on that includes style definitions. It's a little misleading as one sees the title expecting info related to GreaseMonkey or Scriptish. I'd say it would be less confusing under something like "browser add-ons or styles".
    You can change that stuff to correct it.
    I did not mean it as a insult, but I do think he looked better with the hair longer.
    If you want to delete that or move it, you can. you are in control of the 5-0 forum
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:36 am

I wonder what happened to tscc? maybe he got mad I started the new forum?
    @ Tscc come on back poi is starting!!
    The new forum is better and sorry you did some work here but this site has a flaw that cannot be corrected.
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:52 pm

T5000 wrote:
    SurfingEagle wrote:I registered over at your TV Talk, and a few things I noticed.

You can change that stuff  to correct it.
    I did not mean it as a insult, but I do think he looked better with the hair longer.
    If you want to delete that or move it, you can. you are  in control of the 5-0 forum
    Gee, thanks. But "no" I can't. You haven't changed my permissions to admin.
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Also, if you guys direct a general comment at me in particular or ask me some technical question. Please put the request for feedback in a general issues thread like this one at the top or send me a PM.

Honestly, I can't keep up with all these threads on all these various sites especially the ones I don't read regularly. I mean if you insert call outs to me in whatever thread, I may not see it for weeks or even see it all.
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 pm

I did , I was going to post at nikita wiki, but got the 503 page, so I made a SC and added the text.
    Pretty good
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:46 pm

T5000 wrote:I wonder what happened to tscc? maybe he got mad I started the new forum?
    The new forum is better and sorry you did some work here but this site  has a flaw that cannot be corrected.
    Way to go. You pissed off tscc1000 Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Icon_eek
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:09 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
    T5000 wrote:I wonder what happened to tscc? maybe he got mad I started the new forum?
    The new forum is better and sorry you did some work here but this site  has a flaw that cannot be corrected.
    Way to go. You pissed off tscc1000 Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Icon_eek
    Well I dont know , he did register at the site , but no posts.
    I made you and him admins so you can do whatever now, I forgot about that.

I will post any tech questions for you in this forum /thread at tv talk
    "General Discussion for this site etc"
    It is right below the cable shows.
    I do have one for you , is there any way to change the dark blue fonts for my user name?
    It is very hard to see.
    If I am using the carbon style script it shows, but other stuff is blanked out so I usually turn it off to do stuff at the forum.
    No big hurry, but if you ever see a way let me know.
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:26 pm

T5000 wrote:
    SurfingEagle wrote:
    Well I dont know , he did register at the site , but no posts.
    I made you and him admins so you can do whatever now, I forgot about that.

I will post any  tech questions for you in this forum /thread at tv talk
    "General Discussion for this site etc"
    It is right below the cable shows.
    I do have one for you , is there any way to change the dark blue fonts for my user name?
    It is very hard to see.
    If I am using the carbon style script it shows, but other stuff is blanked out so I usually turn it off to do stuff at the forum.
    No big hurry, but if you ever see a way let me know.
    Because you're the originator of the site, there's certain functions only you have access to, and for that reason (I believe) your font highlighting is different. So, it might be something changeable in your settings, not in our settings.

Think of it this way. You're sort of the prom queen now with the prettiest dress. So, think to yourself. How would the prom queen adjust the accessories of her very special dress? Then, perhaps the answer will be clear  Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 3 Icon_wink
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:11 am

Well I looked and could find no way to change that. The other skin at this site showed it as a light color , but most themes have it as the dark blue.
    I know it is because I am the creator, but it is a flaw with this forum .
    I thought it might be in the css page but did nto see it.
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:18 pm

T5000 wrote:Well I looked and could find no way to change that. The other skin at this site showed it as a light color , but most themes have it as the dark blue.
    I know it is because I am the creator, but it is a flaw with this forum .
    I thought it might be in the css page but did nto see it.
    Actually, I think I found the cause. See the other general discussion thread at your TV Talk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content