Arrow

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Arrow

TV SHOWS

3 posters

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

Post by T5000 Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:38 am

SurfingEagle wrote:
    T5000 wrote:I may have to start another forum and delete this one  somehow I have the 2 forum topics, and the top one does not show up in the admin section so it is useless for what I want to do.
    you cannot start a thread there and add the image like in the 2nd lower forum.
    I cannot delete  or do anything to the top forum as it does not show up in the admin section.
    I know there was just one in the beginning.
    Please do not delete forums and start over.
    Well maybe you can figure out the 2 "forum topics " problem
    I wanted to do each show thread like the Arrow ,POI, and Continuum threads where the image shows, and you could change those images.
    But now I cant do that with any new threads cause they go in the top "forum topics" which does not show in the admin panel.
    Click on moderate which is on the right side and experiment and you will see what I mean.
    Try to create a 5-0 thread with a image showing like Arrow.

And glad your other name showed up and you could make that name a admin too.

About wikifoundry, I think we need to let that go for awhile and see what happens, our sites will still be there, if he ever gets it working right. But like you said his fixes seem to be creating more problems, and it is too time consuming to deal with all the 503's and slow loads.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc.

Post by T5000 Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 am

here is the only admin panel which shows only the bottom forum topics
    Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Admin_panel_forums

here is the mod panel lol which only shows the top forum panel!!

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Moderator_panel

There can only be one , I just got one Idea is to delete all the content and then 1 of the forum topics.
    better to do something now than later. like this week before the shows start.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:58 am

also the basket and tv shows category item are only shown now in the admin panel.
    They used to show in the bottom Forum topics.
    you know I started with another theme a brown one, and with it everything was ok and just one forum topic , I created the arrow and poi threads, and could also get a css edit page.
    Then I switched to a couple other themes , and then this one and somewhere along the way the 2 forum topics appeared.
    So I wonder if going back to the other theme might fix it?
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:22 am

ok the green theme was not a invision theme, it just said my green, this one was invision, and it said it wuld change the custom css but I did it anyway, but it is still the same. I can change it back to the green later.
    tscc1000
    tscc1000

Post by tscc1000 Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:02 am

I see you're playing around with the forum skin.
    I have to say I liked the black one of yesterday better ...
    And now it is all center fixed ... O_O ... so my 1920x1080 screen resolution is wasted ...
    Not beeing fixed with a forced resolution, but with a dynamic one was one of the great advantages of Wetpaint wikis, and I was glad that this seemed the case here too. Could you switch that back?
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:11 am

T5000 wrote:
    SurfingEagle wrote:
    T5000 wrote:I may have to start another forum and delete this one  somehow I have the 2 forum topics, and the top one does not show up in the admin section so it is useless for what I want to do.
    you cannot start a thread there and add the image like in the 2nd lower forum.
    I cannot delete  or do anything to the top forum as it does not show up in the admin section.
    I know there was just one in the beginning.
    Please do not delete forums and start over.
    Well maybe you can figure out the 2 "forum topics " problem
    I wanted to do each show thread like the Arrow ,POI, and Continuum  threads where the image shows, and you could change those images.
    But now I cant do that with any new threads cause they go in the top "forum topics" which does not show in the admin panel.
    Click on moderate which is on the right side and experiment and you will see what I mean.
    Try to create a 5-0 thread with a image showing  like Arrow.

And glad your other name showed up and you could make  that name a admin too.

About wikifoundry, I think we need to let that go for awhile and see what happens, our sites will still be there, if he ever gets it working right. But like you said his fixes seem to be creating more problems, and it is too time consuming to deal with all the 503's and slow loads.
    OK, I'll check out the features and try to create a thread later when I get a chance and can take some time to sit down and look at the system better. I did figure out how to delete my other user name so that I only have this one.

It seems like everything looks OK to me on the home page.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:33 am

......Ok it seems Tscc somehow moved the topics and put images up but I dont see how he did it.
    alsoWhat do you think of the current theme??

The green one before I had changed some of the green bars to gray so they could be read better.

look at the 2 images I posted on page 3 here.

Last edited by T5000 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : this edit is flawed)
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:16 am

T5000 wrote:......Ok it seems Tscc somehow moved the topics and put images up but I dont see how he did it.

The green one before I had changed some of the green bars to gray so they could be read better.

how about this skin lol I call it the nazi skin :-)
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:17 am

I dont think it has all the right buttons though.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:08 am

Well I see the reply button now lol.
    and tscc I think if you look at page 2 here you will see what my problem is I dont think it is my browser.
    so to make it simple do you see 2 "forum topics"?
    and in admin do you see 2?
    and in moderator panel do you see 2?
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:59 pm

T5000 wrote:......Ok it seems Tscc somehow moved the topics and put images up but I dont see how he did it.

Well the scheme seems to be changing daily. But this green and black looks OK. Reminds me of the Green Hornet Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Icon_winkAlso, the quoted section stands out in yellow which is easier to read.

But whatever. Maybe red or blue or something else would be better. I don't know. I do prefer a darker background because it cuts down on the glare.
    tscc1000
    tscc1000

Post by tscc1000 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:11 pm

T5000 wrote:

Why that? I didn't see any Nazi symbols in it ... but ok, you Americans seem to like to talk about that topic, especially when you are talking to a German ... ? scratch
    Btw, from all what I've read and heard, you Texas guys actually are not U.S., you are something different, aren't you? ;-))
    Nevertheless that theme was not really a hit, so I changed it.
    I played around the whole afternoon now (thx to a rainy vacation), and I have to admit it's pretty difficult to find a combination which is (only halfways!) satisfying and readable.
    I'm done now and for the moment I don't have more nerves to dig deeper (I never did this before, so far always the grateful passive user ;-)).
    So the current one, based on this black/green one of yours two days ago, is my final suggestion for now. Hope you like it at least a bit. ;-)
    That grey/orange one from yesterdays was not that bad also.
    tscc1000
    tscc1000

Post by tscc1000 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:27 pm

T5000 wrote:Well I see the reply button now lol.
    and tscc I think if you look at page 2 here you will see what my problem is  I dont think it is my browser.
    so to make it simple do you see 2 "forum topics"?
    and in admin do you see 2?
    and in moderator panel do you see 2?
    Actually I think that's meant to be, t5000.
    Under forum topics there are two different "blocks". The one with just "threads", maybe for special or urgent topics, and the other with the "sub-forums".
    But any single thread, no matter where it's located, directly in the "forum topics" or in a sub-forum, can be "moderated", so moved, deleted etc. I think you are worrying too much here.

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Screenshot_Moderator_Control_Panel_Dexter_Thre

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Screenshot_Moderator_Control_Panel_Forum_Topic
    tscc1000
    tscc1000

Post by tscc1000 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Here's another screenshot (looks all ok imho):

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Screenshot_Forum_Topics_2013_09_19_23_18_18
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:28 am

You guys like so many different shows. It makes me wonder why you don't create a general entertainment forum such as all the shows we love forum.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Empty Talking to the eagle

Post by T5000 Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:38 am

SurfingEagle wrote:You guys like so many different shows. It makes me wonder why you don't create a general entertainment forum such as all the shows we love forum.
    i have been working on just that , and in doing that I think I figured out things about this one.
    I can change the Name of this site to tv shows *** but it would change the url.
    So if we change it we all have to know the new url before we change it.
    I know how to create new categorys now, and I see tscc already got rid of the top forum.
    I am working still on another site, it is a phpBB2 type forum. So far it seems the same but they say it is 100%
    customizable.It does let you see and edit some of the css, the page isnt very big, and I dont know what all that controls.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:50 am

tscc1000 wrote:
    T5000 wrote:
    also What do you think of the current theme??

Why that? I didn't see any Nazi symbols in it ... but ok, you Americans seem to like to talk about that topic, especially when you are talking to a German ... ? scratch
    Btw, from all what I've read and heard, you Texas guys actually are not U.S., you are something different, aren't you? ;-))
    Nevertheless that theme was not really a hit, so I changed it.
    I played around the whole afternoon now (thx to a rainy vacation), and I have to admit it's pretty difficult to find a combination which is (only halfways!) satisfying and readable.
    I'm done now and for the moment I don't have more nerves to dig deeper (I never did this before, so far always the grateful passive user ;-)).
    So the current one, based on this black/green one of yours two days ago, is my final suggestion for now. Hope you like it at least a bit. ;-)
    That grey/orange one from yesterdays was not that bad also.
    Ok yeah texans like to talk to germans about the nazis lol!  but it did have the skulls and xbones and what looked like the german eagle.
    I have seen just about every documentary about the WWII period so it doesnt take much to get me going on that era.
    Did you ever see the dramatic tv movie about young hitler? It covered from as a kid to the point he took power.
    the guy Dr. something with long hair, from stargate**** the last one lol played hitler. He did a good job with it and it was interesting.

So you deleted the top forum?
    I now know how to create category's and forums properly, or delete them.
    tscc1000
    tscc1000

Post by tscc1000 Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:34 pm

T5000 wrote:1) Ok yeah texans like to talk to germans about the nazis lol!  but it did have the skulls and xbones and what looked like the german eagle.

2)I have seen just about every documentary about the WWII period so it doesnt take much to get me going on that era.
    Did you ever see the dramatic tv movie about young hitler? It covered from as a kid to the point he took power.
    the guy Dr. something with long hair, from stargate**** the last one lol played hitler. He did a good job with it and it was interesting.

3)So you deleted the top forum?
    1) No wonder, since German Americans make up 11.3% (over 2.7 million, wow!) of the population in Texas. Maybe you even have German ancestors ... ;-)

2) Well, I also watched and read a lot about modern history, especially the Third Reich and WWII. There's not much left what would be new for me, so in the last years I started to invest more time into the German Kaisereich (1871-1918) and WW I.
    What's the exact title of that movie? I'm not quite sure, if I have seen it, because there's so much stuff around ... and I didn't see anything of Stargate xyz so far.

3) No, I deleted nothing. But as I said, I think it's just possible to put single (special or urgent) threads directly under "forum topics". As long as we don't do that, delete them or move them after some time to some kind of archive forum, it's just empty.

PS: BTW, I knew it ... Texas is kind of half Mexican (well, almost ... with 31.6% Mexican population)? lol!
    tscc1000
    tscc1000

Post by tscc1000 Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:23 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:You guys like so many different shows. It makes me wonder why you don't create a general entertainment forum such as all the shows we love forum.
    You're of course right, we cannot set up a forum for each of the shows any of us watches (like "Teen Wolf" or "Twilight - The TV Series" etc.). Wink 
    This should be reserved only for the major hit shows (it's open for discussion what a "hit show" would be of course Very Happy). Also, after such a "hit" show finishes its run or is cancelled, after a certain time the thread(s) could be moved to an archive forum. E. g. Breaking Bad and Dexter will soon be TV history.
    But we just need one forum for all the other various shows, which some of us want to talk about, ask questions or want to give a tip. Of course there would always be the option to open a forum for a show later, if a show would grow on us.
    That would be the place for what we call "OT" threads at our Wetpaint wikis. Or for something like the "Movies review and discussion thread" etc.
    But to be honest ... "All the shows we love"?? Well, I know you can do better ... try again! Cool  (I'd suggest something like "Talk, discussions and questions about diverse TV series and Movies"

@T5000
    Do you plan to use the "Basket of the Forum" as such a "TV shows and movies Forum" (you named it "TV shows 2 & Movies" because of that intention?)? I think we should use that rather for threads we consider to delete in the future anyways, or for test threads?
    tscc1000
    tscc1000

Post by tscc1000 Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:41 pm

T5000 wrote:
    I am working still on another site, it is a phpBB2 type forum. So far it seems the same but they say it is 100%
    customizable.It does let you see and edit some of the css, the page isnt very big, and I dont know what all that controls.
    What? Another site? Should I stop investing time, because maybe we'll abondon this site soon?
    And what is the advantage of editing css? is css some html code which is the basis of a web site? Sorry for the maybe silly question, but I just stumbled about the possiblity to edit the skin/theme of this site via css yesterday, but since I actually don't have much of a clue what this css does, I of course kept my fingers away ...
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:47 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
    T5000 wrote:
    What? Another site? Should I stop investing time, because maybe we'll abondon this site soon?
    And what is the advantage of editing css? is css some html code which is the basis of a web site? Sorry for the maybe silly question, but I just stumbled about the possiblity to edit the skin/theme of this site via css yesterday, but since I actually don't have much of a clue what this css does, I of course kept my fingers away ...
    CSS= Cascading Style Sheets

Basically, it's like a defined term or alias in a programming language. A short term can be used to define a whole series of style elements. You can just use the term anywhere as desired in the HTML that you layout for a page. If you want to change the style, then you can just change how the term in defined in the CSS, and that will propagate automatically in every location that you used the defined style.

-----

BTW, where is this website t5000 is talking about?
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:34 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
    T5000 wrote:1) Ok yeah texans like to talk to germans about the nazis lol!  but it did have the skulls and xbones and what looked like the german eagle.

2)I have seen just about every documentary about the WWII period so it doesnt take much to get me going on that era.

3)So you deleted the top forum?
    1) No wonder, since German Americans make up 11.3% (over 2.7 million, wow!) of the population in Texas. Maybe you even have German ancestors ... ;-)

2) Well, I also watched and read a lot about modern history, especially the Third Reich and WWII. There's not much left what would be new for me, so in the last years I started to invest more time into the German Kaisereich (1871-1918) and WW I.
    What's the exact title of that movie? I'm not quite sure, if I have seen it, because there's so much stuff around ... and I didn't see anything of Stargate xyz so far.

3) No, I deleted nothing. But as I said, I think it's just possible to put single (special or urgent) threads directly under "forum topics". As long as we don't do that, delete them or move them after some time to some kind of archive forum, it's just empty.

PS: BTW, I knew it ... Texas is kind of half Mexican (well, almost ... with 31.6% Mexican population)? lol!

Hitler: The Rise of Evil
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346293/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_25
    Texas is kind of half Mexican ...yes or more than that
    and I am part german.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Talk about recent news or questions about this forum etc. - Page 2 Empty new site

Post by T5000 Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:51 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
    tscc1000 wrote:
    T5000 wrote:

Basically, it's like a defined term or alias in a programming language. A short term can be used to define a whole series of style elements. You can just use the term anywhere as desired in the HTML that you layout for a page. If you want to change the style, then you can just change how the term in defined in the CSS, and that will propagate automatically in every location that you used the defined style.

-----

right here !
    http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com/
    I have it laid out better, nice dark theme, I like the red better than the green.
    Now you probably will think too many shows, but I did the max on meta tags, and key words,in the search engine tab, so maybe we get some new people. That is one thing wetpaint did not have? for the home page.
    I made the top category network shows, 2nd cable shows, 3rd ended shows, and then movies and misc.
    @ SE I did put a link to a new script I got to darken websites, it works on every site. it is in Misc at bottom.
    I also set it up where guests can post, will see how that goes, so you guys can post without signing in....I think.

At Tscc I would like you to post some images & links, there just to test out can I see them ok, but the ones not showing look like they were posted with the eagles script at wikifoundry, as that is the url.
    so are you using his script here or did you copy and paste from wikifoundry?
    Posting images hosted by wikifoundry is not a good idea, as if that is down would they still show?

A;so some of the shows there I may delete or move to a lower forum later, but there are several new shows , which may or may not be worth watching. GOT and WD,HAVE A FORUM TOO in the cable section.
    so check it out and let me know what you think.
    The one thing I forgot was a general discussion so I will add that now as a category, right below the the ended shows , tv shows 2.
    T5000
    T5000
    Admin

Post by T5000 Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:38 am

tscc1000 wrote:
    You're of course right, we cannot set up a forum for each of the shows any of us watches (like "Teen Wolf" or "Twilight - The TV Series" etc.). Wink .............sure we can lol! In fact I just did it.
    This should be reserved only for the major hit shows (it's open for discussion what a "hit show" would be of course Very Happy). Also, after such a "hit" show finishes its run or is canceled, after a certain time the thread(s) could be moved to an archive forum. E. g. Breaking Bad and Dexter will soon be TV history...............yes I have a ended show forum
    But we just need one forum for all the other various shows, which some of us want to talk about, ask questions or want to give a tip. Of course there would always be the option to open a forum for a show later, if a show would grow on us.
    That would be the place for what we call "OT" threads at our Wetpaint wikis. Or for something like the "Movies review and discussion thread" etc.
    But to be honest ... "All the shows we love"?? Well, I know you can do better ... try again! Cool  (I'd suggest something like "Talk, discussions and questions about diverse TV series and Movies"...... I chose TV Talk-your-show

@T5000
    Do you plan to use the "Basket of the Forum" ...........No I dont , it is a silly name.
    as such a "TV shows and movies Forum" (you named it "TV shows 2 & Movies" because of that intention?)? I think we should use that rather for threads we consider to delete in the future anyways, or for test threads?
    .....I would delete it if I were staying here. you can make all the category's you need, but there is a trick to creating them. Also you dont want to make 2 with the same name, which is what i did here, then only one shows in admin panel so you cant get rid of it.
    SurfingEagle
    SurfingEagle

Post by SurfingEagle Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:41 pm

T5000 wrote:
    SurfingEagle wrote:
    tscc1000 wrote:
    T5000 wrote:

-----

right here !
    http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com/
    I have it laid out better, nice dark theme, I like the red better than the green.
    Now you probably will think too many shows, but I did the max on meta tags, and key words,in the search engine tab, so maybe we get some new people. That is one thing wetpaint did not have? for the home page.
    I made the top  category network shows, 2nd cable shows, 3rd ended shows, and then movies and misc.
    @ SE I did put a link to a new script I got to darken websites, it works on every site. it is in Misc at bottom.
    I also set it up where guests can post, will see how that goes, so you guys can post without signing in....I think.

At Tscc I would like you to post some images & links,  there just to test out can I see them ok, but  the ones not showing look like they were posted with the eagles script at wikifoundry, as that is the url.
    so are you using his script here or did you copy and paste from wikifoundry?
    Posting images hosted by wikifoundry is not a good idea, as if that is down would they still show?

A;so some of the shows there  I may delete or move to a lower forum later, but there are several new shows , which may or may not be worth watching. GOT and WD,HAVE A FORUM TOO  in the cable section.
    so check it out and let me know what you think.
    The one thing I forgot was a general discussion so I will add that now as a category, right below the the ended shows , tv shows 2.
    It seems like it would've been better to create this site first rather than have duplication.

But OK, seems like a good enough rental place for me to hang my hat for awhile Wink

BTW, I don't see a Misc section.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content